the Crusader

Alexa Vazquez

Alexa Vazquez, Editor-at-Large

Writing can be a ridiculously painful thing to endure, but I think that giving it up would be even worse. After all, who doesn’t like a challenge? I’m Alexa Vazquez, this year’s Editor-at-Large and resident senior who’s been on this staff for four years with no signs of stopping now that I’ve gotten this far. You live your life in stories, and as a journalist, I live to tell stories.

Whether it be voicing student outcries for change, or investigating the truths behind district-wide issues clouded in uncertainty, I’m determined to see it all find its place on our pages. Feel free to check out the additional work I’ve done on the San Diego Union Tribune, and look forward to the work I’ll continue to do here on The Crusader.         

Follow me on Twitter at @alexa_crusader. 

All content by Alexa Vazquez
Hilltop High freshmen and Youth 4 Sustainability members Faith Avila and Eric Boyels display a poster and pose for photos to promote the Climate Emergency Declaration event at Chula Vista City Hall. Both Avila and Boyels later spoke during the meeting to urge council members to approve the act.

“We are running out of time”

Alexa Vazquez, Editor-at-Large
March 3, 2022
AP Physics teacher Elan Hiller returns after contracting COVID-19 and quarantining for six days at home. Hiller resumes instruction as usual, explaining the physics of a wheel.

“What other choice do we have?”

Alexa Vazquez, Editor-at-Large
January 29, 2022
Senior Kiana Peterson’s submission to the Congressional Art Award Ca 51st District, with Hon. Juan Varas. Peterson received first place in last year’s competition, with her work currently being displayed in the Cannon Tunnel of the U.S Capitol Building.

Art while we’re apart

Alexa Vazquez, News Editor
March 25, 2021
Its okay to take your time

It’s okay to take your time

Alexa Vazquez, News editor
December 5, 2020
On March 7 Bonita Vista High competed at Helix High where many of their members qualified for nationals. Junior Renee Fagan, wins first place in expository speech and is one of the many that qualified for nationals.

Bringing Home Trophies

Alexa Vazquez, Opinion Editor
March 18, 2020
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Alexa Vazquez