Teacher’s say

Why do you think extracurriculars/clubs/sports are important for a students education?

Madison Knudson, Features Editor

English 10 Accelerated and Theater production teacher Rosamaria Sias (Sofia Murillo)

“Extracurriculars greatly affect their [students] future in terms of their career since colleges look at extracurriculars and clubs. They want to see that students are, in fact, involved and most importantly that they are gaining those leadership skills.”

IB HL 1 and Theory of Knowledge teacher Jason Good                    (Madison Knudson)

“I think it is a really good opportunity for students to be able to control part of their education and since I do believe that a lot of students know what they are most interested in, that also allows them to make good choices about how they spend their time.”

Chemistry teacher Ahmad Rice (Madison Knudson)

“I think extracurriculars help with the aspect of working with a team, working with other people and handling the social interaction that comes with being on a team or club which is very similar and very relatable to what you will experience in the real world.”

Beginning art, advanced art and Advanced Placement (AP) drawing teacher Nicolas Braunn                  (Sofia Murillo)

“I believe it is really beneficial for students and their curriculum. Extracurriculars are good for students since it keeps them occupied. If students fill their time they will be less bored and will be able to focus on their schoolwork more too.”