Celebrating the last four years

BVH plans to hold in-person graduation ceremony for seniors

Students+walk+onto+stage+at+the+2019+Bonita+Vista+High+graduation+ceremony.+This+took+place+at+Southwestern+College%2C+unlike+the+upcoming+graduation+ceremony+for+class+of+2021.+

Lucia Rivera

Students walk onto stage at the 2019 Bonita Vista High graduation ceremony. This took place at Southwestern College, unlike the upcoming graduation ceremony for class of 2021.

Lucia Rivera, Editor-in-Chief

As of May 3, Bonita Vista High (BVH) plans to celebrate graduating seniors at an in-person ceremony on June 3 at Hilltop High (HTH). Following COVID-19 protocol, the ceremony will be split into three cohort sessions of 30 to 45 minutes each at 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. 

The Sweetwater Union High School District (SUHSD) previously announced the plan to hold graduation and eighth grade promotion ceremonies on their website on April 19. Although site-specific information was not yet public, policies like mandated masks were made clear.

If you are a BVH senior, will you attend the in-person graduation ceremony?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

“Once in the venue, students will be seated together (six feet apart) while guests will be seated in the stands or other observation area. Guests from the same household will be expected to sit together, maintaining six feet of distance from other groups while seated in the stands,” Chief of Educational Equity and Support Services Vernon Moore wrote on the SUHSD website.

Each graduating senior is allowed to bring four guests from their household who will all sign a District waiver beforehand. Additionally, a maximum of 200 students will be in each cohort. It has not been announced whether International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma candidates will be included in the same cohort, but all seniors’ top cohort pick was requested by BVH principal Roman Del Rosario, Ed.D on May 3.